Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Wish List & Giving
Help meet a need at White Shield Center
Meet a Need at White Shield
If you are interested in giving non-financially and need some guidance about what the girls need the most, please view our detailed Wish List for a list of items our girls at White Shield regularly need. Your tax-deductible donation helps us serve nearly 100 teens, infants and toddlers in our care at White Shield every year. Please consider making a donation today.
Wish List - Ongoing needs
- Feminine hygiene products
- Full-size shampoo and conditioner
- Flip-flops - sizes 6-11
- Athletic wear - all sizes
- Twin bed linens
- Bath towels and wash cloth
- Mentors for teens
- Homework helpers
- Vegetable gardeners
- Job shadow opportunities for teen girls
- Financial contributions are also welcome
Any Gift Can Help
- A gift of $3,000 can help provide camp scholarships to help 20 mothers and their babies enjoy the benefits of three days of camp.
- A gift of $50,000 can help provide facility improvements. This gift can help create an environment of welcome and safety for our women and children as they work toward healing and independent living.
- New refrigerator ($4,000)
- New furniture and carpeting for our dorm rooms and living areas ($46,000)
- A gift of $170,000 can help ensure the quality of staff at White Shield, so that these caring, professional relationships continue to affect the transformation of all out clients. Your endowment gift will help ensure the services of:
- Part-time psychiatrist ($18,000)
- Part-time health-care coordinator to oversee medical needs ($20,000)
- Full-time maintenance staff ($30,000)
- Full-time case manager for our Wildflowers Program ($30,000)
- Full-time youth development coordinator, to help expand after-care services ($32,000)
- Masters-level therapist for the parenting program ($40,000)
- Named gifts, memorial gifts and planned-giving opportunities are also available.
Contact us for more information at 503.239.1248 or WhiteShield.Contact@usw.salvationarmy.org.